The experienced staff at Magnus Poirier collaborates on a regular basis with the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, the Ministère de la Justice, Global Affairs Canada as well as the Curateur public du Québec, in no small part thanks to its multidisciplinary team that specializes in the management of major disasters and international repatriation.
- Cremation Furnace Operator Certification, Cremation Association of North America
- Mortuary Affairs for Mass Fatality Certification, U.S. Air Force
- Management Conference Certification, Florida College of Emergency Physicians International Certification
- "Disaster" certification (Mobile Morgue Training program), National Foundation for Mortuary Care
- Certificate of Accreditation, In-house Training Service
- Francization Certificate, Office québécois de la langue française
- Cryonics Institute Certification, Detroit, U.S.
- Transport Canada RFA Certificate
- Fondation Cité Urbaine, recognition for help to the student's community
Awards and distinctions
On February 22, 2019, Fondation Cité Urbaine, recognized Mr. Jacques Poirier’s work as an ambassador for the promotion of sports activities as a tool for school drop-out prevention and for success, in his role as a promoter of the "Basketball Challenge" for over eight years.
The Corporation des thanatologues du Québec has recognized the professionalism of Magnus Poirier and its staff by honouring it with the Award of Excellence in September 2008
Magnus Poirier funeral homes were awarded the Honour of Distinction by the Corporation des thanatologues du Québec in 2007
Special Mention Family Succession Award, Laval Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2006
Recognition in the Large Business category, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Montreal-North, 2006
First Prize, Landscaping in a Business Setting $40,000 and under, Association des Paysagistes Professionnels du Québec, 2006
"Coup de coeur ESTim" award, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of East Montreal, 2005
- Winner, "Bilan Social" category, Corporation de relance économique et communautaire de St-Léonard, 2005
Merit Award for outstanding services in the profession in Canada, Funeral Services Association of Canada, 2000